QUALIFICATIONS OF MARINE RADIOS
Marine radios, which will be authorized by the Authority, are required to have the following qualifications. Radio devices that do not comply with these qualifications will not be authorized.
- To be VHF Marine Radio
- To be nonprogrammable radio
- To operate only within 156-163 MHz frequency bandwidth
- To be a radio having an output power according to the hull length as stated in the Circular numbered 1/2020 of Ports Department Directorate
Documents to be submitted to the Authority for new registry:
- Boat registry document
- ID/passport of the boat owner
- ID/passport of the applicant
- Information on radio brand, model and serial number or the radio itself
- Having a credit/debit card for payment (Those who do not have a credit card will be directed to the bank.)
ANNUAL USAGE FEE AND ANNUAL RENEWAL PROCESS:
- Recreational/Commercial/Educational/Sports Boats:
Marine radio equipment of all boats using marine radio must be registered with the Information Technologies and Communication Authority and annual radio usage fees must be paid to our Authority by the end of February every year at the latest. Annual renewal transactions through the online system and payments for these transactions can only be made until the end of February.
- Professional Fishing Boats:
Even though marine radio registration is required for professional fishing boats, they are not subject to an annual usage fee.
Online Transaction: Marine Radio renewal transactions can be done online from the Information Technologies and Communication Authority website. You can access the page created to make the renewal process for Marine Radios to be easier at https://payment.bthk.org.
You can make an annual update of the authorized radios without coming to the Authority through the online transaction. For online application, it will be sufficient to use the radio serial number, boat number and identification number. The confirmation document is given digitally after the online payment. Annual renewal transactions and payments for these transactions can only be made until the end of February through the online system.
PERMIT AND ANNUAL USAGE FEE:
A- Recreational/Commercial/Educational/Sports Boats:
A one-time permit and an additional usage fee is paid annually. Radio licenses of boats that are not renewed every year until the end of February will be cancelled.
B- Professional Fishing Boats:
Professional fishing boats pay a one-time permit fee. Annual usage fee is not taken from professional fishing boats.
Permit and annual usage fees are presented in the tables below. An additional 16% VAT will be applied to Permit and Usage fees.
|1) Handheld radio|| || |
|a) Used in a boat operated for fishing||Per Registry||0.01657 x ASÜ*|
|b) Used in other boats||Per Registry||0.03148 x ASÜ*|
|2) Transmitter, receiver and navigation devices (Telephone, telex, telegram or data receiver/transmitters)||Per Registry||0.00707 x ASÜ*|
|3) All Kinds of Mobile Satellite Terminals ||Per Registry||0.03148 x ASÜ*|
|4) Fixed radio|| || |
|a) Used in a boat operated for fishing||Per Registry||0.03110 x ASÜ*|
|b) Used in other boats||Per Registry||0.08284 x ASÜ*|
|1) Handheld radio|| || |
|a) Used in a boats except for the boats operated for fishing||Annual Fee||0.03148 x ASÜ*|
|2) Fixed radio|| || |
|2) Used in a boats except for the boats operated for fishing||Annual Fee||0.08284 x ASÜ*|
* ASÜ (Minimum Wage) describes the minimum wage determined by the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus Minimum Wage Determination Commission and published in the Official Gazette in its most up-to-date version.
In the Matter of the Circular and Permission/Registration Transactions Published by the Ports Department Directorate
In accordance with the circular numbered 1/2020 on Ensuring the Safety of Life and Property at Sea in the TRNC Territorial Waters, published by the Ports Department Directorate of the Ministry of Public Works and Transport of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus;
- On FISHING boats up to 12 meters (12 meters are excluded): 1 VHF Marine Radio with at least 5W output power
- On FISHING boats of 12 meters or more: 1 VHF Marine Radio with at least 25W output power
- On PRIVATE RECREATIONAL boats up to 12 meters (12 meters are excluded): 1 VHF Marine Radio with at least 5W output power
- On PRIVATE RECREATIONAL boats of 12 meters or more: 1 VHF Marine Radio with at least 25W output power
- On COMMERCIAL TRAVEL boats of 8 meters and above: 1 VHF Marine Radio with at least 25W output power
- For EDUCATIONAL AND SPORTS boats up to 12 meters (12 meters are excluded): 1 VHF Marine Radio with at least 5W output power
- For EDUCATIONAL AND SPORTS boats of 12 meters and above: 1 VHF Marine Radio with at least 25W output power
are required to be used.
You can reach the circular numbered 1/2020 on the Security of Life and Property at Sea in the TRNC Territorial Waters by clicking here.